SEO & Analytics Strategist
Fastspot is seeking an SEO & Analytics Strategist to join our UX/Strategy team.
About the Job
The SEO & Analytics Strategist will work with our team of strategists, designers, and developers to collaborate on beautiful, usable, and innovative design solutions that garner the top awards in our industry. We’re looking for someone with the skills and experience to drive qualified, relevant traffic to our clients’ sites through strategies that blend content, technical optimization, and UX for real results.
The ideal candidate will have a strategic mind, a love of data-crunching and problem-solving, a good attitude, and a passion for what we do.
This is a full-time position that is located at Fastspot’s Baltimore-based office. Travel may be required, often to one- or two-day client visits.
- work with team members and other departments to develop uniquely-tailored SEO strategy and KPIs for each client;
- perform client-specific keyword research and competitive analyses;
- recommend topics for content development based on research;
- perform technical SEO audits of client websites;
- measure and report on improvements for conversions, lead generation, and KPIs;
- stay informed of the latest SEO and digital marketing trends and developments;
- own and develop the SEO roadmap, feeding in technical insights, link building opportunities, keyword research and content gaps;
- use multiple sources of data to measure the impact of initiatives on rankings, organic traffic, and customer growth;
- lead analytics reporting and optimization across different channels;
- implement optimizations through open source Content Management Systems;
- analyze and interpret web analytics and Google Analytics data to generate insights;
- educate and support team members on best practices and the value of SEO;
- clearly and effectively convey strategy, concepts, and ideas to clients, bringing them on board and making them feel like part of our team.
- BA/BS required with 2-5 years’ experience as an SEO Manager, SEO Strategist, Analytics Manager, Data Analyst, UX Strategist, or comparable role
- Hands-on experience with keyword research, competitive analyses, content strategies, best practices guidelines, and technical documentation
- Excellent working knowledge of Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager to provide custom reports, dashboards, and other client-specific integrations
- Comprehensive knowledge of organic search and how SEO activities influence search engine ranking algorithms
- General knowledge and experience with enterprise level and open source Content Management Systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to gather information, prioritize initiatives, and achieve results
- Advanced Google Sheets skills
- Previous agency experience strongly preferred
- Experience working within our verticals of higher education, cultural institutions, and nonprofits strongly preferred
Fastspot offers a full benefits package including:
- minimum 120 hours of paid time off
- flexible schedule and remote workdays when needed
- generous office closure days around the fall/winter holidays
- 401(k) with company match
- healthcare with vision and dental options at little to no cost to the employee (depending on age)
- company HSA
employer-paid teledoc service with smartphone app support
employer-paid life, short-term, and long-term disability insurance policies
- free pool and gym membership at office campus at Mill No. 1
- fully-paid Fastspot fun events throughout the year including the annual company baseball outing, family barbecue, and holiday party
- cute dogs in the office
- complimentary coffee and soft drinks
pool table, virtual reality, and full bar with draught beer and nitro coffee on tap
- all-gender bathroom
- support for preferred pronouns in HR software and in public-facing communications
- privacy room for nursing mothers
How to Apply
If you are interested in this full-time position with Fastspot, please fill out our application form and be sure to include your resume and a cover letter. We would love to hear more about why you want the job and why you're the perfect match for us.
All communications regarding open positions at Fastspot are sent via an HR software application. Please whitelist firstname.lastname@example.org to help us avoid your spam filter!
Fastspot will consider candidates seeking remote employment who demonstrate a capacity to excel from a remote location. Candidates who wish to be considered for a full-time distributed position should be prepared to explain how they’ve been effective as a remote employee in the past and give examples of the tools or techniques they have used to stay connected with the on-site culture of their previous employer(s). Unfortunately, we are unable to consider applications from international applicants.
Fastspot is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of factors such as sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, ability, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, nationality, culture, class, age, or faith.
We don’t respond to headhunters. We aren’t interested in freelance help. We are unable to consider applications from international applicants. No phone calls, please.